Terra Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for all discussions of Terra.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Technocracy

Go down 
+8
Limecat
detane
deminerd
Crisis589
Eudoxia
PubR
Paradosi
Inox
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Inox

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:38 pm

I was OP on a thread on futuristic cities on /sci/, and, honestly, I only expected about 5 or 6 replies, I never expected it to actually unfold into a project of establishing our own technocracy.
Thank you, /sci/

This thread is for discussing this slightly unrealistic project.
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Unrealistic, is only the start of ideas!

And generally unrealistic things...

Regardless, for epic lulz, and science. It shall be achieved! Also I was anonymous in the thread.
Back to top Go down
PubR

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:41 pm

You know what else people thought was unrealistic? The colonist breaking free from Britain. Look how that turned out.
Back to top Go down
Eudoxia

Eudoxia

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:43 pm

So what's the plan?

Start with a small group of fine gentlemen, then when we get our patents and stuff, move into a corporation, then into a technocracy, eventually taking over the Civilized Galaxy?
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:44 pm

PubR wrote:
You know what else people thought was unrealistic? The colonist breaking free from Britain. Look how that turned out.

FORRRRR SCIENTIFIICCCCCCC PROOOOOOOOGRESSSSSSSSSS

Does it work as well as FREEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMM?

And yes Eudo, that is the plan.
Back to top Go down
Crisis589

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Hey OP, guess what?
I was OP of the thread on /b/ where you got that city picture.
Feels good, man.
Back to top Go down
PubR

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Eudoxia wrote:
So what's the plan?

Start with a small group of fine gentlemen, then when we get our patents and stuff, move into a corporation, then into a technocracy, eventually taking over the Civilized Galaxy?

There were many fine ideas in the /sci/ thread about what our corporation should do to make green. Those fine ideas will be just stepping stones onto the path which will lead us to buying a major plot of land, which we turn into a technocracy after declaring independence.
Back to top Go down
Inox

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Eudoxia wrote:
So what's the plan?

Pretty much, the galaxy part can come later.
We will eventually turn the human race into a much more intellectually capable species, maybe even make it worthwhile for other extraterrestrial civilizations to contact us.
Back to top Go down
deminerd

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Ok, so what do we need to do to be independent once we have land? We're probably going to need food, electricity, manufacturing capability, water, and other things. Anyone care to figure out what other things we need TO SURVIVE?
Back to top Go down
Inox

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Crisis589 wrote:
Hey OP, guess what?
Feels good, man.
Thank you, sir, without you this project wouldn't be possible.
Back to top Go down
PubR

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:51 pm

deminerd wrote:
Ok, so what do we need to do to be independent once we have land? We're probably going to need food, electricity, manufacturing capability, water, and other things. Anyone care to figure out what other things we need TO SURVIVE?

Clothing. Lab coats mandatory in our technocracy.
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Posted thread for fields in Intelligensia as well.
Back to top Go down
Eudoxia

Eudoxia

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Inox wrote:
Eudoxia wrote:
So what's the plan?

We will eventually turn the human race into a much more intellectually capable species, maybe even make it worthwhile for other extraterrestrial civilizations to contact us.

More intellectually capable? So part of the plan (Genetic engineering aside) is to educate the public as much as possible, right?
Back to top Go down
Crisis589

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:54 pm

First of all we need to consider where the land is going to be, legal problems arising from desire for independence, etc.
Back to top Go down
PubR

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Eudoxia wrote:
Inox wrote:
Eudoxia wrote:
So what's the plan?

More intellectually capable? So part of the plan (Genetic engineering aside) is to educate the public as much as possible, right?

We are going to become a technocracy, what are we without an educated society?
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Eudo, it was discussed somewhere in the thread. Premise was that an ignorant man couldn't be educated since his ignorance would be the antithesis to it, only he can do it himself. So for now, we are for scientists... ala Technocracy.

Crisis, we can start with a corporation then branch out. It's not considered independence then.
Back to top Go down
Inox

Technocracy Empty

deminerd wrote:

We can use wind turbines to generate electricity until we obtain a more efficient method.
Also we could distill sea water for drinking and have greenhouses and fish to get food.
Back to top Go down
Crisis589

Technocracy Empty

Inox wrote:
Crisis589 wrote:
Hey OP, guess what?
Feels good, man.
No problem. I'm just glad that so many people were as inspired by that picture as I was.
Back to top Go down
Crisis589

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Paradosi wrote:
Eudo, it was discussed somewhere in the thread. Premise was that an ignorant man couldn't be educated since his ignorance would be the antithesis to it, only he can do it himself. So for now, we are for scientists... ala Technocracy.

Crisis, we can start with a corporation then branch out. It's not considered independence then.
Corporations are still beholden to the laws of the government, so we'll need to have influence in nations' governments as well, I think.
Back to top Go down
PubR

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Crisis589 wrote:
Inox wrote:
Crisis589 wrote:
Hey OP, guess what?
Feels good, man.
No problem. I'm just glad that so many people were as inspired by that picture as I was.

It was kind of odd. First it was a discussion about futuristic cities, a mix of "society is ignorant" came by shortly after. Education also came up and then someone said "Let's start a revolution and form a technocracy" or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
PubR

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Crisis589 wrote:
Paradosi wrote:

Corporations are still beholden to the laws of the government, so we'll need to have influence in nations' governments as well, I think.

I'm the PR guy, that's my job. Plus, lobbying.
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Crisis589 wrote:
Paradosi wrote:

Not International corporations however, they are seen more as... groups perhaps. But still have the diplomatic immunity if your influence is large enough.
Back to top Go down
deminerd

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Ok then how do we fabricate the windmills and the generators for the windmills? If we are going to be distilling seawater and fishing our location will have to be located somewhere close to the sea, we will need to take storms into account when choosing our location.
Back to top Go down
PubR

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:03 pm

deminerd wrote:
Ok then how do we fabricate the windmills and the generators for the windmills? If we are going to be distilling seawater and fishing our location will have to be located somewhere close to the sea, we will need to take storms into account when choosing our location.

I'm sure we could just steal some land from Africa but... I don't think anyone here wants that.
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:03 pm

We still would have to decide on what type of corporation standing we'd have to go with. Solar, Nanotech, Water Distillation etc. I might make a poll later on. Check out the other threads that have been posted for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Technocracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy Empty

Back to top Go down

Technocracy
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terra Forum :: Terra Basis :: Intelligensia-
Jump to: