Terra Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for all discussions of Terra.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Technocracy

Go down 
+8
Limecat
detane
deminerd
Crisis589
Eudoxia
PubR
Paradosi
Inox
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
scalziand

Technocracy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Civil guy here. I saw the threads on /sci/ and took sweet time registering my ass here. I could design shit. Anything can be built, but it has a cost.
Back to top Go down
PubR

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 am

I think we need to make a technocracy thread around 10-11PM EST/4chan time. That is when most of the people who liked the idea are around.
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:12 am

Scal, could always use more people. And true everything could technically be built, and a good design goes a long way.

Pub, I'll join the discussion on the thread when it's made, link it here as well.
Back to top Go down
Limecat

Limecat

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:09 pm

I guess the thread wasn't made? :/
Back to top Go down
Blue

PostSubject: Design   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:58 pm

I am willing to do a few designs or concepts as well, but I need your basic ideas down first? So far all I got is; Hightech base on Antarctica? Or I guess I could wing it from there.
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Blue wrote:
I am willing to do a few designs or concepts as well, but I need your basic ideas down first? So far all I got is; Hightech base on Antarctica? Or I guess I could wing it from there.

Feel free to wing it, anything creative or scientifically progressive in mind. Creativity is best done when under no limiting factors.
Back to top Go down
Inurdaes

PostSubject: :3   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:56 am

Back to top Go down
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:42 am

I'm the guy from that thread who's completely convinced that this won't go anywhere. I came here because it'll be fun to try anyway. Hi.
Back to top Go down
Inurdaes

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Sup Cynic.
As for the other members, how would you feel about the possibility of buying the whole Australian island of Tasmania if we attain enough money for it?
Back to top Go down
PubR

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Inurdaes, it's nice to see that you're excited about the technocracy, but don't pull a Peter Molyneux until we figure out exactly what we are doing with this technocracy.
Back to top Go down
Storm514

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Hey guys. I'm Storm and I'm here from /sci/ as well.

Looking at some of the posts in this thread has me somewhat confused as to the extreme this group is willing to go. I'm also concerned how 'out there' this idea could be.. Could someone explain to me the just of this Technocracy idea?
Back to top Go down
Inurdaes

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Storm, it's basically a government run by smart people, not by rich people. Run by smart people for smart people. and instead of monetary gain as the forefront, its human enjoyment and scientific advancement that are the most important.
Back to top Go down
Inurdaes

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:15 am

Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:10 am

Inurdaes, that thread has trolls everywhere. Best to let it die...
Back to top Go down
Storm514

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 am

If I'm understanding this right.. Basically the idea would be something along the lines of a communism without the 'Big brother is watching' type attitude and money would be directly handled by the government? (Let's face it, if a nation suddenly lost interest in currency the rest of the world would laugh.)

And Mr. Paradosi, I am not a troll. Wink
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:25 am

Storm514 wrote:
If I'm understanding this right.. Basically the idea would be something along the lines of a communism without the 'Big brother is watching' type attitude and money would be directly handled by the government? (Let's face it, if a nation suddenly lost interest in currency the rest of the world would laugh.)

And Mr. Paradosi, I am not a troll. Wink

Communism implies equality for the masses, something I am strongly against. I am for skill, talent, ingenuity, and knowledge.
Back to top Go down
PubR

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:57 am

Why do people keep assuming we're for equality for the masses?
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:09 am

PubR wrote:

I don't know, I think people are mistaking what Inurdaes is saying in the threads.
Back to top Go down
PubR

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Paradosi wrote:
PubR wrote:

I don't know, I think people are mistaking what Inurdaes is saying in the threads.

Probably. He is sort of just making up shit as he goes along even thought we don't have a list of what we are doing in the technocracy.
Back to top Go down
Inurdaes

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm not for equality, i'm for equal opportunities. Huuuuuuuuge difference.
Back to top Go down
Storm514

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:05 pm

Alright alright.. I got this now. So the jackass working at BestBuy who knows more car tires than computers would be second to the kid who sits at a computer all day long.. Right? Basically the talented ones are the ones who DESERVE the pride and wealth that they earn. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Storm514 wrote:
Alright alright.. I got this now. So the jackass working at BestBuy who knows more car tires than computers would be second to the kid who sits at a computer all day long.. Right? Basically the talented ones are the ones who DESERVE the pride and wealth that they earn. Am I right?

Your post makes little sense, and I don't mean this in an aggressive way. How do you know a car tire? Also your views are very biast, kids on computers? Why cannot an adult be on a computer? Reword your thoughts. And obviously only those who have done their own scope of work deserve recognition for such? What other way can it be?
Back to top Go down
detane

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:36 am

this has allready died out. we should make it a bigger system with more people who activly discuss the whole technocracy idea or do something just to keep it active.
This or we should just abandon ship and say the critic has won. The idea is doomed to fail at the speed it is going now.
Back to top Go down
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:13 am

detane wrote:
this has allready died out. we should make it a bigger system with more people who activly discuss the whole technocracy idea or do something just to keep it active.
This or we should just abandon ship and say the critic has won. The idea is doomed to fail at the speed it is going now.

I had an idea but apparently only one guy took the time to read it.

https://terra.forumotion.com/intelligensia-f2/my-two-cents-t70.htm
Back to top Go down
PubR

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:54 am

I'm not abandoning ship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technocracy   Technocracy - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Technocracy
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terra Forum :: Terra Basis :: Intelligensia-
Jump to: