Terra Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for all discussions of Terra.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Holy Grail in Scotland?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackout
Blackout

The Holy Grail in Scotland? Empty
PostSubject: The Holy Grail in Scotland?   The Holy Grail in Scotland? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:20 am

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article6719180.ece

The search for the holy grail has been a long and tedious one, and in fact may be more sought after than the ark of the covenant. But enough bout Indiana Jones, we are talking about the real crusaders fortune, the cup of Christ, one of the holiest artifacts to ever come into existence. And what do you think of when you here holy? Thats right, Scotland.

The town of Kilwinning has several important roots to my family. Not only has it been the home to my mother's family and her birthplace, it was also the last town they left in before going to America. But, it has also been noted as the Crusader's headquarters in Scotland. There are hundred's of properties belonging to the templars in southwestern scotland, over 200 in total and 30 in Kilwinning, and it is believed that the templars had possession of the grail when the crusades ended. Around the crusaders downfall, it would be likely that the Templars would bury there treasure and go into hiding, reclaiming it later, which suggest that the grail would be buried near one of these old properties. But will it? Only time can tell.
Back to top Go down
Liter_Of_Cola
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail in Scotland?   The Holy Grail in Scotland? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:41 am

so, did you happen to read the Da Vinci Code?
Back to top Go down
Drapheonas
Drapheonas

PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail in Scotland?   The Holy Grail in Scotland? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:33 am

Ok first off it's a known fact that the templers exist today in the form of bankers in switzerland, (not even joking) and two, when I think of the word holy I think of Italy, then Russia, then I think of multiple countries at once, scotland being one of them. Also, the templars very likely don't have, and never did have, the holy grail.
Back to top Go down
Liter_Of_Cola
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail in Scotland?   The Holy Grail in Scotland? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:28 am

it it claimed that they traveled to Newfoundland and buried it there too...

chances are it just kind of rotted away, I mean it has been like 2000 years since it was last used...
Back to top Go down
Blackout
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail in Scotland?   The Holy Grail in Scotland? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:53 am

First of all, Scotland being the holiest place on earth was sarcastic.

Second, it was most likely not made of wood, still would be a simple design, but not wood.

And even if the grail is not there, there has to be countless caches of treasure buried around Scotland.

Newfoundland was kind of a strech, most likely people just hid it away in a place where it could be easily recovered.
Back to top Go down
Vile

Vile

PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail in Scotland?   The Holy Grail in Scotland? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:26 pm

You should read Foucault's Pendulum.
Back to top Go down
Drapheonas
Drapheonas

PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail in Scotland?   The Holy Grail in Scotland? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Whatever.. it's a load of crup anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail in Scotland?   The Holy Grail in Scotland? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Holy Grail in Scotland?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terra Forum :: Terra Basis :: Intelligensia :: Current Events-
Jump to: